Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Things I wish for

It's a wishful day for me. I am at the end of the work day, and actually got a lot done, but have now lost focus completely. I am wishful for a few things only right now, and all of them are difficult or impossible, or just need to happen slowly over time. So here they are:
Over Time: I wish we were debt free, so Scott wouldn't stress, and I wouldn't get depressed- we are working on it, and this year, we seem like we can pull it off too (and hopefully sooner rather than later in the year). I also wish I gave more money away to various organizations that I believe in and spent less on eating out, my starbucks obsession (which is honestly like $20 or more every week-- how ridiculous!) and on clothes and other things to make me feel better about my weight. I also wish I could really committ one year to changing that, but that takes more than wishing and I struggle with that.

Difficult: I wish Scott had more down time and his job and exams were easier right now. I also wish I were more active and spent more time playing (physically) with him and the boy. And I wish I could help my mom out more (and get her to see a therapist!)

Impossible- practically speaking: I wish we were pregnant, or that a brother or sister was in the cards for Isaac. I have a real fear that he will be sad about this later in life, and I know that I will, but that is not the deal I made, and I do understand where Scott is coming from on this one. I also am getting older, and am not as healthy as I should be, so really this just isn't going to be for us... but I wish it could be different.

I also wish we could travel internationally as a family and that our retirement savings keeps growing and that we both live long enough to enjoy that together... on those things- I'll just have to wait and see.

It's just a wishful day for me... not sad, just a sighing, dreaming, wishing time... that's all for now-- Jacq

1 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Blogger Kerrfunk said...

hey. love & prayers, sis. seems like a familiar looking boat ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home