Monday, September 18, 2006

Bruised yet happy...

So, I need to post pictures (and will do so later this week- when I am somewhere near my camera) because Scott and I had a FANTASTIC weekend- and we took a lot of good pictures of ourselves actually. We went on a trip to Somerset PA and rode our tandem on the Allegheny Highlands trail - it was such a blast. We rode 24 miles on Saturday through beautiful woods, and by neat little waterfalls. Then on Sunday I was a guest preacher at a church there and after worship we went out to the trail again and rode for another 21 miles or so. I was SO bruised though from the seat...that's right... I bruised my Tuckus if you can believe it (actually, anyone who's ever spent more than an hour on a bike at a time knows this feeling). I want a new saddle pronto (it may not help, but it can't hurt). Even with the soreness and what not- it was a beautiful weekend, and it was nice to leave our "little man" with his Nena and Poppie so that we could have a night alone together. And - I started another "Irish hiking scarf" on the drive (such a great hobby this knitting is. What else can you do so easily while riding in a car?). This time I am knitting the IHS using a beautiful lime-navy colored Malibrigo yarn.... Simply yummy.
:-)
Total Joy...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home