Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Hospitals and other scary things

So,
On Friday night (at 3 am) we took our little boy to the ER. It wasn't a hard decision to make (even though we usually debate whether he needs to see a doctor until he gets healthy and then we just don't go) nope. This time he was whimpering and not really breathing that much. It was Croup. Easily curable, suddenly striking, very frightening Croup. My mom always talked about us having "the croup" as kids, but honest to pete, I didn't really know it was a typical childhood illness. But for some kids it is, and ours is one of those. It's 5 days later, he's no longer contagious, and the steroids and cool mist vaporizors worked miracles...but i am still afraid to sleep deeply at night, and wake up to listen to the baby monitor a gazillion times. There isn't much in life any scarier than taking your kid to the ER.
On a side note- my dad's alzheimer's is getting worse, and it is a sad thing that my mom, brother and I are all wishing that this would end sooner rather than later. What a horrible thing to think, but the slow decline is ugly and is breaking my mom's heart, and really she is so depressed that it is starting to affect her physically. That too is scary.
On a final and much lighter note- we are lucky to have so many friends and family members to turn to through stuff like this. I am so grateful to have a group of people that will pray for me, that will love our son, that are caring for my father. We are blessed by many loving people- and whenever i doubt my faith for even a minute, one of them does something that shows me that God lives...
thanks be for that!

1 Comments:

At 8:10 PM, Blogger Kerrfunk said...

O jacq, I long to give you a hug. Funny how it hasn't actually been that long, but it feels like it has. Lotsa water under the bridge since we last saw each other, huh?

Merry New year. Love you

kp

 

Post a Comment

<< Home